Terms & Conditions
- Place one cart on each side of your driveway or at least 3 feet apart
- Place both carts out by 5:30 A.M. or the night before your pick up day
- Place away from parked cars, trees, fences, mailboxes and other obstructions
- Place with handles and wheels facing away from driving lane
- Place cart within 3 feet of driving lane
- Lid of cart should be closed if possible
- Remove any temporary bungee cords or tie-downs you may have used to secure the lid
- Terms and Conditions are coming soon!
Acceptable Demo Waste
The landfill accepts most non-hazardous waste (including non-hazardous soils) as approved by the MPCA, according to the Industrial Solid Waste Management Plan. The landfill also accepts waste building material from construction projects and road repairs. Acceptable demo waste includes:
- Construction Debris
- Demolition Waste
- Flooring or Ceiling
- Incidental Carpet
- Plumbing (Metal and/or PVC)
- Roofing and Shingles
- Sheet Rock
- Tar Paper
*Basically anything your house is built with.
Acceptable Mixed Waste
The landfill accepts most non-hazardous waste. Household items may include:
- Demo Waste (see Acceptable Demo Waste)
- Lawn and Garden
Acceptable Items with Extra Charges
To avoid an additional sorting fee, all of the items listed below should be placed on top or in the back of the roll off container. Acceptable items include:
- Mattresses / Box Springs
- Appliances such as:
- Air Conditioners
- Water Heaters
- Water Tanks
- Hazardous Waste
- Food Waste
- Household Waste
Paints, thinners, cleaning supplies, flammables, batteries, and fluorescent light bulbs are a few examples of unacceptable items for the roll off containers.
- Computers / Laptops
- Printers / Scanners
- Keyboards / Computer Mouses
- Fax Machines
- VCRs / DVD Players
- Copy Machines
- Handheld Devices (with a display of 7+ inches)
General Notes for All Customers
We do pick up on all Holidays. Please bring trash out by 5:30AM, like all other pick up days, unless otherwise notified. (watch our bulletin board for any changes)
To report a service issue or missed pickup call the office at 218-879-3723 or use our Contact Us Form.
How to Request a Bulky Item Pick Up
If you live within the city limits and if you have a few items, we may be able to schedule a pick up. Call the office at 218-879-3723 or use our Contact Us Form.
We offer roll off containers for rural residents. Learn more on our Commercial Services Page.
20-gallon cart 65-gallon Recycling cart
35-gallon cart 95-gallon Recycling cart
For larger size containers including dumpsters and roll-offs, see our commercial services page.